I love Trump's Lawyer who is not his Lawyer

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: I love Trump's Lawyer who is not his Lawyer

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:39 pm

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:Yep, By actually improving their lives through job available and reduced cost of living (Healthcare and Education).

I think that’s only half right.

The other half is by not accusing them of racism, micro-aggressions and homophobia by way of all the “privilege” they enjoy, every time they turn on a TV. I realise that put Dems in danger of alienating those that do, but I guess that’s just politics.

I agree, but if you were constantly worried about getting laid off, could not afford to move from where you live and also constantly worried about the cost and availability of health care, getting made fun of on TV would really suck to top it all off.

Now, if there is some more stability plus other quality of life perks (not worrying about a job or going broke if there is the need for an Ambulance) and some idiot makes fun of you. Big deal.

Teasing Jeff Bezos for being bald is fine because he can take it, teasing someone in their 40s working at McDonalds for being bald is shitty. An extreme example, I know, but the snobbery is easier to deal with when the life you live is better.

Much of the English speaking world likes to focus on people's feelings rather than focus on a long term plan that deals with actual improvement. That is quite a flaw that we have.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:19 pm

seektravelinfo wrote: Maybe that explains this increased interest in conspiracy theories. Is it a form of panic?
It is more of a coping mechanism IMO.

OT: calling it the populist vote shows it's politicians and most of the media struggling to understand, let alone connect. Sad.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:47 pm

[quote="ROB"]

I mock you because you're a halfwit who deserves to be mocked.

.[/quote]

Oh my, such a comeback. Again, that schtick has grown tired. It’s just noise at this point.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:49 pm

Yeah, us Trump lovers just can't help ourselves.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe