How many things has Trump lost since Nov. 3?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

How many things has Trump lost since Nov. 3?

Postby Kurt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Its hard to keep track of now.

I did not think even an illegitimate claim of winning an election he lost would get so many losses tied to it.

Apparently MAGAs who have lost other elections are riding this wave of failure to make their own claims.

A Human Hair Extension in Maryland got 28% of the vote and is claiming she really won and suing to have the results investigated. Her opponent got over 70%.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/e ... story.html

And some MAGAs are calling for Succession or Civil War (or Both). Alex Jones, who waddles like an old man yet is 8 years younger than I am, thinks Biden will be "removed from office" no matter what.

I am curious about how MAGAs would want to do succession? That is something I personally would not object to if it is arranged the best way possible.

Like who is known as the United States? Or do both pick new names like South Canada Vs. Greater Wyoming? Who gets the Nukes? Is there an interstate or rail sharing agreement?

Those kind of things.

Anyway a quick list of losses since November 3rd.

Popular vote.
2 Georgia recounts.
1 Wisconsin recount.
38 lawsuits filed in Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania.
29 lawsuits were dismissed in those states as well. Do those count as a loss? I think so
86 judges ranging from local level to the supreme court, ranging from Clinton appointees to Trump appointees have rejected arguments that Trump won the election or that the election results should be thrown out. Those are not 86 losses but that is a big sign of loserdom right there.
1 Suit to overturn the election brought by Texas' AG was rejected by the Supreme Court. But Judges Thomas and Alito thought the Court should hear Texas' suit, so that is two little "wins".
Pending are:
The Electoral Vote.
9 Trumpian suits in various states.

So far it is 43 Losses to 0 Wins. If we count all judges rulings it is 129 losses to 5 wins.
and 10 as yet to be determined. With the big one...electoral votes coming around the bend.
Past behavior tends to be indicative of future behavior so my guess is the final tally will be 53 losses to 0 wins or 139 losses to 5 wins...depending on what you count.

Anyway, how is MAGAland going to structure their courts? Where will the capital be?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: How many things has Trump lost since Nov. 3?

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:45 pm

[quote="Kurt"]
Anyway, how is MAGAland going to structure their courts? Where will the capital be?[/quote]

I’m all for that idea, as long as Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) secedes from Ohio, which at this point would likely go MAGA-confederacy.

The capitol of MAGA-confederacy would be Oklahoma City. The Oklahoma City National Memorial (site of Alfred Murrah Federal Bldg. and a fantastic museum btw) will be reconfigured as a shrine to Timothy McVeigh, making it their version of the Lincoln Memorial.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:27 am

seektravelinfo wrote: shrine to Timothy McVeigh
That is IMO a hateful thing to imply and seeks, you should know better. Your excuse better involves being drunk.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:40 pm

[quote="el3so"][quote="seektravelinfo"] shrine to Timothy McVeigh[/quote] That is IMO a hateful thing to imply and seeks, you should know better. Your excuse better involves being drunk.[/quote]

Then maybe you are not aware of the very real threat of right-wing terrorist attacks in the USA, “most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland”, according to DHS. It’s not a new threat, but it is an escalating threat. Timothy McVeigh smugly regarded the murder of the visitors and inhabitants (including children) of the Murrah building as collateral damage, so certain in his mission he was. Right now, the whole country is peppered with such butt-hurt and hateful “lone wolves” and small groups of “gravy seals”, people along the stripe of McVeigh. How far will they go? Time will tell.

How different are they from that loser lone wolf McVeigh? If they haven’t claimed him as one of their own I would be surprised. Honestly, how are they different, including the elected officials who have joined the struggle to overturn our legal and honest election.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe