2708 deaths per day from COVID in the US

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: 2708 deaths per day from COVID in the US

Postby Alphabet » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:15 pm

Kurt wrote:Teddy Roosevelt had about 1/2 of his "Rough Riders" die from canned, tainted meat that was purchased through a US Army approved vendor.

Well, fuck. We should all just take the shot because Curious George and Baby Bush got it, right?

You're also way, way fucking off off on the death ratio to canned meat back in Teddy's day. But, that doesn't make a good SNL skit, does it?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:25 am

Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:20 am

Screw the graph, this isn't some contest. Look at the excess mortalties 5 years from now, still not a contest but the eggheads will adjust the charts for all those after us.

Hoping I live through this, all 3 of you reading this as well btw, the next party invite I send will feature 145 year old erotic art with a satanic slant. I'll get fukced over on taxes anyway for the foreseeable future. been tipping grocery and delivery people (w00t!) for the past 9 months, can't be just me making those trickle down economics work.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby sparrow » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:08 pm

el3so wrote:Screw the graph, this isn't some contest. Look at the excess mortalties 5 years from now, still not a contest but the eggheads will adjust the charts for all those after us.

Often times the arguments surrounding this issue leaves no response but to show the numbers, and let the numbers speak for themselves.
sparrow
Canadia

Postby el3so » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:43 pm

sparrow wrote:let the numbers speak for themselves.

You know those will not convince the people that are downplaying/doubting/denying the effects of the pandemic.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby sparrow » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:01 pm

el3so wrote:
sparrow wrote:let the numbers speak for themselves.

You know those will not convince the people that are downplaying/doubting/denying the effects of the pandemic.

Likely not but what else is left but the facts?
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:08 pm

3600 dead yesterday.

A good friend of mine's mother just died from it in Minnesota

A friend of ours who was a WWII vet who fought in the Pacific died. He had the "co-morbidity" of being a perfectly healthy person who happened to be 98 years old.

Another friend of ours is 99, WWII European theater combat vet. Invaded Sicily and is sharp as a tack.

We are trying to encourage him to live in a bubble like that John Travolta movie almost 50 years ago.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Germany is up to 750 deaths a day. On a per capita that's not far off the US. So much for Germany handling pandemic brilliantly.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:23 pm

snaark wrote:Germany is up to 750 deaths a day. On a per capita that's not far off the US. So much for Germany handling pandemic brilliantly.

A friend of mine in Braunschweig told me the same thing.

He said it took a bit longer for the Right to shake off the shock of what to do, until they decided to be just as dumb as the rest of the Right in the West.

Also he said that many people thought they were the exception to the rule and none of their family or friends could POSSIBLY have COVID since they would not be friends with someone who was irresponsible enough to get it from someplace else.

Which is how I think California is the US is doing so bad.

In NYC we are scared of it cuz we saw what it could do. So we just stay inside like health loving cucks and stay healthy, happy and cucked.

Which is fine with me.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby sparrow » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:56 am

^Yeah, I'd stay home.

cucks, so is this a thing now?

SEEMS KINDA STUPID!
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:51 pm

I traced the history of the use of Cuck on the BFC. 2009 Pelton and some other guy used in in discussing a replacement for the word "Cunt" but guessed it would never fly because it was too similar to the word "Cock". Then 2016 happened and "Cuck" is used, if anything, as a replacement for "Pussy" (the kind of pussy meaning wimp rather than girl-parts).

A friend of mine's father just died of it. Dead in 3 days from testing positive. Only pre-existing condition was he was 76.

If we keep this up old people are going to be rare, like they are in Haiti.

If you see an old person in Haiti your first guess is they might be albino with all that grey hair cuz albino black people are more common in parts of Haiti than people over 60.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:05 pm

Kurt wrote:
snaark wrote:Germany is up to 750 deaths a day. On a per capita that's not far off the US. So much for Germany handling pandemic brilliantly.

A friend of mine in Braunschweig told me the same thing.

He said it took a bit longer for the Right to shake off the shock of what to do, until they decided to be just as dumb as the rest of the Right in the West.

Also he said that many people thought they were the exception to the rule and none of their family or friends could POSSIBLY have COVID since they would not be friends with someone who was irresponsible enough to get it from someplace else.

It's hubris. Germany came out of the first wave relatively well, but then convinced themselves that, owing to their excellent management of the first wave, they could avoid a second. But past performance is not an indicator of future results. The problem, as I see it, is that public health is ostensibly the responsibility of the state governments. During the first wave Merkel took over, but since then the states have been left to do their own thing, at least until this week. As in the USA, state goverments range from moderately competent to complete clowns. The rules on mask wearing and social distancing change every week and are not enforced. Compliance is low. There are demonstrations by anti-maskers and conspiracy theorists in major cities almost every week. The former GDR states, which like Poland and Czechia escaped the first wave, are now the worst affected. Testing, once the envy of the world, is now less than in the USA and UK. Its going to be a long and shitty winter.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:11 pm

snaark wrote: Its going to be a long and shitty winter.
If you think it is sh!tty now, wait until the second half of January 2021 when the case numbers will jump (again) after the holiday get-togethers are over.
Weather is pretty mild though so it's not all bad...
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:06 pm

sparrow wrote:what else is left but the facts?
Cognitive dissonance strong, people can stumble over corpses and will claim the stiffs are just asleep...
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:12 pm

4000 died yesterday. The capitol superspreader coup should make it bad by February.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe