Banning Coup Plotters and Supporters

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Banning Coup Plotters and Supporters

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 am

Kurt wrote:Now Parler is located in the Russian Controlled Crimea as part of Maksym Sabat'ev's online businesses which include UK based companies that use Russian bandwith from iPipe.net.

Any dirt on Epik?
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Epik handles the name servers of GAB too.

Years ago, if you ran a site like 1488killalljews.top and registrars would not touch you, you could move to Epik.

Critics of Epik claim they are "right wing" but having worked in webhosting from 2012 to 2018 and talked to people who worked all over in webhosting Epiks business model is "charge a premium and cooperate with authorities"

The wehosting world has more Trump supporters than other tech places since they tend to suffer from the effects of "outsourcing" more than other professions. In 2016 there was alot of "I hate Trump but I am voting for him anyway" people working in the field, so Parler and Epik is not going to have a risk of lack of employees.

However with their backend authentication fuck up, they may not have tbe best ones.

Also web hosting pays low. When I moved to IT security and Investigations we actually had workers from web hosts on "retainer" for a small, one time payment.

There will be no secrecy for their clients unless they do the work themselves or pay people 3x the rate for webhost work.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:36 pm

The ar15 people are welcome to post in our guns and weapons forum.

Yep, tech is going crazy. But remember that is one of the many responses when someone advocates bombing your data center. Its like they want to be taken seriously except when their words and actions have consequences, like disrupting flights and airport operations leading to crying jags in public when they are kicked off of flights or arrested when they land.

Plus advocating running over pedestrians with cars IS advocating violence. Dont pretend its not. A component of Fascism is legal exceptionalism as in "we may run overBLM for blocking traffic but running into anti maskers blocking traffic is wrong"

Anyway tell ar15 folks they can come here until they get a site.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:09 pm

Apparently they have a backup site running and should be back up within the next few days.I took a peak at the General Discussion forum a few days ago and it's pretty much what I expected. GD was a lot of fun when Imbroglio and McUzi were around...the latter was hilarious. I stopped going there years ago when they took on the "hive mind" mentality, drank the Kool Aid, and became a more deluded version of Democratic Underground, which they despised.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:29 pm

Chimborazo wrote:Apparently they have a backup site running and should be back up within the next few days.I took a peak at the General Discussion forum a few days ago and it's pretty much what I expected. GD was a lot of fun when Imbroglio and McUzi were around...the latter was hilarious. I stopped going there years ago when they took on the "hive mind" mentality, drank the Kool Aid, and became a more deluded version of Democratic Underground, which they despised.

I forgot about the DU...I enjoyed how much they irritated people but then when I browsed it I was like "awww crap, these guys suck"

The other forum was SOCNET. They had to be so strict to prevent poseur infiltration that they were sometimes dickholes (I think I posted as a "Guest" there once for some quick tech thing or something...but I was invited and it was known I was a civvy. )

We were also a temp home for Blade Forums for some internal political reason.

Anyway, back to banning Coup things and Coup people.

The EU has some pretty specific and reaching requirements for it's members when it comes to promoting peace abroad and enforcing democratic processes of non-member nations that trade with the EU.

http://www.eeas.europa.eu/archives/docs ... dex_en.pdf

The boring guide is here that leads to the more boring laws.

But financial institutions are obliged to prevent a threat to democratic processes, so since this was a coup attempt (opinions of people who think the election was stolen is not considered evidence compared to election observers, functioning legal systems etc. etc. so opinions don't matter here) and that includes not funding businesses that promote anti-democratic or anti-system-of-government activity. So GoDaddy, a partner of Amazon and also a global company that follows GDPR guidelines would have to cave to EU Law if they wanted to do business in the EU. So Ar15 forum gets deplatformed...Trump + Guns is risky for business now.

And now for my gloat: Back when I was an anti-Globalization protester this was just the kind of shit we objected to, being subjected to the laws of another nation because of trade agreements. We got the shit kicked out of us, ended up on no-fly lists, were called Commies, unpatriotic, anti-cop and yet never blubbled like an infant in an airport, yet somehow we were called "Snowflakes" hahahahah check out #NoFlyList twitter for some serious crying.

Anyway, So the EU is gonna pretty much fuck anyone who wants to give cash to Trump or Trump causes, fuck anyone who is seen as a Coup or Putsch supporter even if their business has the taint of association (Have no idea if AR15 went from "The 2A is an important aspect of our rights and freedoms in the US" or "The 2A is pretty much the only thing that matters, KILL THE LIBTARDS!" but it is seen as the second and is therefore subject to EU pressure)

Deutsche Bank: Pretty much the Model for post 2008 financial fuck-ups is no longer giving loans to Trump. This means construction costs in Manhattan are going to go down because Trump Org used to fuck contractors by paying them only for materials and then refused to pay for labor until DB stepped in under a chapter 7 arrangement and paid to finish construction. This meant that contractors who knew how to deal with Trump gave him a 500% mark up on materials and never did labor since he was not going to pay them anyway, and DB would just call them back into finish his inflated shit projects. (in the late 1990s I used to deliver "high end" materials to Trump properties, it was all padlocked cages filled with gilded shit and marble)

Sheldon Adelson croaked. His wife may be a patron of the spray tanned fuhrer but I suspect the EU + Putsch will make it so she just pats her self on the back for marrying well and bows out.

Again, if someone is a pro-Civil War 2 person I would just advise that they recant, rat out their buddies in exchange for immunity because money is going to dry up, people are going to rat you out and though guns are great and survival skills are awesome, most of you could not take 2 months without a haircut during COVID without plotting to kidnap a Governor.

Its OK to be soft. It's ok to be weak. Some people can put up with shit and not weep in an airport and others cannot. Some can protest without pooping all over the place and others are barely toilet trained.

Its ok, just realize it and welcome back to America.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Kurt wrote:But financial institutions are obliged to prevent a threat to democratic processes, so since this was a coup attempt

Except it wasn't. It was a protest and a riot.

And now for my gloat: Back when I was an anti-Globalization protester this was just the kind of shit we objected to, being subjected to the laws of another nation because of trade agreements. We got the shit kicked out of us, ended up on no-fly lists, were called Commies, unpatriotic, anti-cop and yet never blubbled like an infant in an airport, yet somehow we were called "Snowflakes" hahahahah check out #NoFlyList twitter for some serious crying.

Most of the NoFlyList videos have nothing to do with Jan-6. If people were really on no fly lists, they wouldn't even get ticketed.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:But financial institutions are obliged to prevent a threat to democratic processes, so since this was a coup attempt

Most of the NoFlyList videos have nothing to do with Jan-6. If people were really on no fly lists, they wouldn't even get ticketed.

You object to being on a No-Fly list then you don't fly. If you offer to discuss and go through extra security you fly.

And it was a Putsch. The world sees it as such because it was.

I have been through two coups. One in Turkey trying to prevent Erdogan from taking power via the Refah Partisi in 1994. I got my ear drums blown to shit for that one by having a kebab next to a bomb in a concrete enforced trash can. The other one was in Haiti in 2001.

The Haitian one was a few ex Military officers in a car that were going to storm the palace. One accidentally blew the other's head off in the car they were waiting (presumably for others to arrive) but when their buddy shot their other buddy, the presidential guard lit the car up and you had 4 dead coup plotters sitting in a White Honda with their eyes and mouths open and their necks crooked up. It was weird cuz they all looked like they were waiting to be fed by a bird.

But it was a pussy coup because it failed. Everyone thinks a coup is or a putsche is all tanks and uniforms and hut-hut-hut but really is it the safety of a gun being off while car pooling. A bunch of idiots, some with flexicuffs (for antifa...not for murdering elected representatives).

How about this: If Nancy Pelosi had been in her office would she have been safe when they broke in?

Anyway back to Coups I have seen.

In Turkey the Military just said "Enough of that" and started arresting Islamists and Communists. I was at a Communist bar watching Beavis and Butthead when the secret police came in. My US Passport saved my butt and everyone else in the Bar's butt too. 2 days later was when I was in the retaliatory bomb blast that was blamed on the Greeks (though only the supporters of the Military believed that).

It's a Coup. Its a Putsch. It does not fit your definition of one because you are an advocate for the actions in the Capitol on January 6th and you believe the election was stolen from Trump in spite of the the massive amount of evidence it was not.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:07 pm

Another funny bit is how much Trump hates the people who risked their lives, money and careers for him.

He wants the respect and admiration of New Yorkers who wear suits, but they laughed at him and how tacky he was. Now he is even more of a pariah.

One advisor said that Trump was horrified at how "low class" his supporters looked

https://news.yahoo.com/week-made-tragic ... 00079.html

Instead of exercising his commander-in-chief duties to help protect the Capitol from an attempted insurrection, Trump watched the attack play out on television. Though not necessarily enjoying himself, he was “bemused” by the spectacle because he thought his supporters were literally fighting for him, according to a close adviser. But, this person said, he was turned off by what he considered the “low-class” spectacle of people in ragtag costumes rummaging through the Capitol.

While those who try to suck up to Trump wear pretty nice blue mohair suits (I dig the suits Gaetz wears. He has good taste in ties too). I wonder if he would have been more enthusiastic about his supporters trying to kill Mike Pence if they would have been dressed like Mike Pence.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:27 pm

Tarkan wrote:Except it wasn't. It was a protest and a riot.

Why?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:16 pm

ROB wrote:
Tarkan wrote:Except it wasn't. It was a protest and a riot.

Why?

Why was it a protest and riot or why was it a coup?

It was a protest, because that's what it started out as. It was a riot, because that's what it became.

If it had been a coup attempt, the Capitol police would have easily been overrun. There were >10,000 people in that crowd.

There was no real agenda, other than protesting certification, and no organization to actually do anything or achieve anything.

One guy having flexcuffs and another guy having molotovs and an AR in his truck does not a coup make. Trump telling the crowd to go protest, peacefully, the certification, is not inciting violence.

Coups aren't composed of protesters, ever. They are composed of military or government leaders or police taking out the rival politicians and leaders, or overthrowing the legitimate government.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:26 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

You object to being on a No-Fly list then you don't fly. If you offer to discuss and go through extra security you fly.

And it was a Putsch. The world sees it as such because it was.

I have been through two coups. One in Turkey trying to prevent Erdogan from taking power via the Refah Partisi in 1994. I got my ear drums blown to shit for that one by having a kebab next to a bomb in a concrete enforced trash can. The other one was in Haiti in 2001.

The Haitian one was a few ex Military officers in a car that were going to storm the palace. One accidentally blew the other's head off in the car they were waiting (presumably for others to arrive) but when their buddy shot their other buddy, the presidential guard lit the car up and you had 4 dead coup plotters sitting in a White Honda with their eyes and mouths open and their necks crooked up. It was weird cuz they all looked like they were waiting to be fed by a bird.

But it was a pussy coup because it failed. Everyone thinks a coup is or a putsche is all tanks and uniforms and hut-hut-hut but really is it the safety of a gun being off while car pooling. A bunch of idiots, some with flexicuffs (for antifa...not for murdering elected representatives).

How about this: If Nancy Pelosi had been in her office would she have been safe when they broke in?

Don't know - normally I would have said yes, but I also saw the video of the Capitol policeman getting dragged from the steps and beaten, so I'll concede she would have been in some amount of peril.

Anyway back to Coups I have seen.

In Turkey the Military just said "Enough of that" and started arresting Islamists and Communists. I was at a Communist bar watching Beavis and Butthead when the secret police came in. My US Passport saved my butt and everyone else in the Bar's butt too. 2 days later was when I was in the retaliatory bomb blast that was blamed on the Greeks (though only the supporters of the Military believed that).

It's a Coup. Its a Putsch. It does not fit your definition of one because you are an advocate for the actions in the Capitol on January 6th and you believe the election was stolen from Trump in spite of the the massive amount of evidence it was not.

I'm actually *not* an advocate for the actions in the Capitol on the 6th. The protest, sure, the storming not so much. I think the shooting of Ashli Babbit was probably egregious, but she *was* sticking her head through a busted window and apparently there were VIPs right around the corner being protected by the cop, so it's sort of understandable. Anyway, thanks for trying to read my mind, but next time just ask if I approve of something controversial before assuming I do.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:03 pm

Tarkan wrote:I'm actually *not* an advocate for the actions in the Capitol on the 6th.
Have I told you guys I am opposed to human trafficking lately?

Tarkan wrote:I think the shooting of Ashli Babbit was probably egregious, but she *was* sticking her head through a busted window and apparently there were VIPs right around the corner being protected by the cop, so it's sort of understandable.
Trespassing, breaking and entry, received fair warnings yet kept escalating. Single clean shot. We do crowd control differently but if that happened over here, she probably would be hurt but alive.

Doubt the agent feels good about it but that woman definitely should have known better.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:03 am

Tarkan wrote:
Why was it a protest and riot or why was it a coup?

It was a protest, because that's what it started out as. It was a riot, because that's what it became.

If it had been a coup attempt, the Capitol police would have easily been overrun. There were >10,000 people in that crowd.

There was no real agenda, other than protesting certification, and no organization to actually do anything or achieve anything.

One guy having flexcuffs and another guy having molotovs and an AR in his truck does not a coup make. Trump telling the crowd to go protest, peacefully, the certification, is not inciting violence.

Coups aren't composed of protesters, ever. They are composed of military or government leaders or police taking out the rival politicians and leaders, or overthrowing the legitimate government.

It was a protest, it was a riot and it was a coup attempt.

Coups are who was attacked and for what reason (The Legislative Branch was attacked to make certain they did not certify the legitimate winner, Joe Biden)

Now if you believe that the election was a fraud, then you must believe Biden, Democrats, Trump and Obama appointed judges, Mike Pence and others have committed the real coup.

As I said before if this is what you believe then there has to be action to support that or do you think Biden stole the election but should be certified anyway?

A Coup is against who won the election. Not all Coups are successful. This one was not. For now.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:51 am

You can call it anything, what they write up as charges is what matters.

There probably will be radicals and hold-outs but I hope any violence fizzles out.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:34 am

Tarkan wrote:There was no real agenda, other than protesting certification, and no organization to actually do anything or achieve anything
That is what the investigations should help clear up. Feds are trying to look busy, the data trail to those who feel they have things to lose after all should be overwhelming. I bet they will sing.
A few people are bound to get thrown under the bus, others might get away with it.
Tarkan wrote: another guy having molotovs and an AR in his truck does not a coup make.
People have been sent to Guantanamo for less. Why bring those to what is supposed to be a political event? Violently attempting to disrupt an electoral process has a sinister ring to it. Not the kind of thing ROTW expected to see happen in the USA.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe