Banning Coup Plotters and Supporters

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Banning Coup Plotters and Supporters

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:54 am

Kurt wrote:A Coup is against who won the election. Not all Coups are successful. This one was not. For now.

Don't be silly Kurt. You know that if Antifa members had stormed the Capitol, took weapons and bombs, built a gallows and chanted "hang Mike Pence" and demanded that the House installed Bernie, that Tarkan would absolutely see that it was only a silly old riot.

So just take it down a notch, Kurt.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:24 am

Its kind of funny.
A guy I went to college with asked me mockingly how I knew it wasnt ANTIFA and I told him that ANTIFA does not poop everywhere when they "protest" and the Legal Advisors would have told them they were "on their own" before breaking into Federal Property (it does not mean they wouldnt have, its just that their would have been people filmed not jeapardizing their Bar status by followinging them in there but warning them why).

Oh yah, Stolen laptops with classified material on them.

And Congress now has metal detectors for its own members because the MAGA wing is being investigated for snitchibg the office locations of their colleagues.

Not a coup though. Equally stupid are the liberals who say it was a coup but "democracy was saved" like the final comment on 60 Minutes claimed on sunday.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:06 am

Kurt wrote:ANTIFA does not poop everywhere when they "protest"

I knew it! Throughout the whole thing I kept thinking: "I bet someone took a dump in someone's office". I reckoned it was the dude in Nancy Pelosi's chair. He looked like the type, but then lots of them did. Do you have a source?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
Why was it a protest and riot or why was it a coup?

It was a protest, because that's what it started out as. It was a riot, because that's what it became.

If it had been a coup attempt, the Capitol police would have easily been overrun. There were >10,000 people in that crowd.

There was no real agenda, other than protesting certification, and no organization to actually do anything or achieve anything.

One guy having flexcuffs and another guy having molotovs and an AR in his truck does not a coup make. Trump telling the crowd to go protest, peacefully, the certification, is not inciting violence.

Coups aren't composed of protesters, ever. They are composed of military or government leaders or police taking out the rival politicians and leaders, or overthrowing the legitimate government.

It was a protest, it was a riot and it was a coup attempt.

Coups are who was attacked and for what reason (The Legislative Branch was attacked to make certain they did not certify the legitimate winner, Joe Biden)

Now if you believe that the election was a fraud, then you must believe Biden, Democrats, Trump and Obama appointed judges, Mike Pence and others have committed the real coup.

As I said before if this is what you believe then there has to be action to support that or do you think Biden stole the election but should be certified anyway?

Yeah, I believe there was fraud. On an epic scale in Fulton, Wayne, and Philadelphia counties. 3 counties where they all stopped counting at or around 10:30, while Trump had big leads in Georgia, Michigan, and PA. And they resumed counting the next morning, after all the other votes were in and they knew exactly how many votes they needed to tip the scales to Biden. And the percentage of Biden votes in those counties was way higher, proportionately, than it was in other demographically similar districts, in a year where Trump did better with minority voters than any Republican in the last 50 years. But no, Trump got beat by a guy that couldn't get 5 people to some of his rallies. Totally believable.

So yeah, I think it's fucky as all fuck.

But I can't prove it in court.

Nor is it my job to do so in court.

Nor is it my job to save the Trump campaign from it's own ineptness in not being prepared to challenge fraud or the voters from their own idiocy.

It's not that I think Biden should be certified, but all of the checks and balances, shitty that they are, say he should be certified, and peaceful transfer of power is a hallmark of our electoral system. I'm not really one to advocate a coup or assassination because I don't like the election outcome. I didn't do it for Obama, and I won't do it from Biden.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Oh Gawd, more blah blah blah probably spittle laced whiny rumors about vote counting in states where Trump lost. Made up rumors that carry no weight and have no truth. You believe what you want to believe, reality be damned. At least this has given a respite from “but her emails” and if you think you deserve a medal for not assassinating or “couping” Obama, well, you don’t.

You live in a post Jim Crow nation and it hurts your feelings.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:40 pm

The Joint Chiefs of Staff issued a letter to the Military.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/joint-chi ... urrection/

I suspect a similar warning was given during the depression and the Bonus Army protests before McArthur dispersed the veterans but I cannot find it online.

Anyway, I think when trained professionals do this, it is safe to assume it really was a coup attempt.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Oh Gawd, more blah blah blah probably spittle laced whiny rumors about vote counting in states where Trump lost. Made up rumors that carry no weight and have no truth. You believe what you want to believe, reality be damned. At least this has given a respite from “but her emails” and if you think you deserve a medal for not assassinating or “couping” Obama, well, you don’t.

Seek, don't you have 17 cats to go feed?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Kurt wrote:The Joint Chiefs of Staff issued a letter to the Military.

I suspect a similar warning was given during the depression and the Bonus Army protests before McArthur dispersed the veterans but I cannot find it online.

Anyway, I think when trained professionals do this, it is safe to assume it really was a coup attempt.

or, they are just cozying up to the incoming Biden admin. Generals are politicians first.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Tarkan wrote:

or, they are just cozying up to the incoming Biden admin. Generals are politicians first.

What? Normally they would not be purging 1488-ers and alt-right if Biden was not coming in?

My guess is that they saw how our defense was vulnerable to something we had and we knew we had all along.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Tarkan wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:Oh Gawd, more blah blah blah probably spittle laced whiny rumors about vote counting in states where Trump lost. Made up rumors that carry no weight and have no truth. You believe what you want to believe, reality be damned. At least this has given a respite from “but her emails” and if you think you deserve a medal for not assassinating or “couping” Obama, well, you don’t.

Translation = The Men Are Talking.

Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

What? Normally they would not be purging 1488-ers and alt-right if Biden was not coming in?

My guess is that they saw how our defense was vulnerable to something we had and we knew we had all along.

The combat arms of the military are disproportionately represented by people that actually love their country. Those people have no place in a Democratic administration.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Pretty much Seek.

But let me put it this way. There's the way I want the world to be (and it has very little similarity to what you believe that to be), and the way the world is. I'm not one to throw pennies into the wishing well. I've already moved on to working on how I can capitalize from a corrupt Democratic administration, financially and otherwise. If necessary, I'll be the best damn NKVD communist there ever was. Remember, liberals get the bullet too. Edited to add - given the current climate, the last comment should not be taken as a direct threat, an indirect threat, or anything else other than as a poor attempt at humor. I bear seek no personal animosity, nor any liberals. Thank you.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Tarkan wrote:
The combat arms of the military are disproportionately represented by people that actually love their country.

Agreed.

But I think you might be skewed as to where they stand politically.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Pretty much Seek.

But let me put it this way. There's the way I want the world to be (and it has very little similarity to what you believe that to be), and the way the world is. I'm not one to throw pennies into the wishing well. I've already moved on to working on how I can capitalize from a corrupt Democratic administration, financially and otherwise. If necessary, I'll be the best damn NKVD communist there ever was. Remember, liberals get the bullet too. Edited to add - given the current climate, the last comment should not be taken as a direct threat, an indirect threat, or anything else other than as a poor attempt at humor. I bear seek no personal animosity, nor any liberals. Thank you.

Uhh..Ok.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 pm

ROB wrote: You know that if Antifa members had stormed the Capitol.
Forget the National Guard, they'd have deployed the 82nd airborne and no federal building would have been trashed. Maybe less people would have died.
Kurt wrote: Anyway, I think when trained professionals do this, it is safe to assume it really was a coup attempt.
Tarkan wrote: or, they are just cozying up to the incoming Biden admin. Generals are politicians first.
Think it is a proper warning.

To the people in uniform serving under them. Oath and sh!t, get with the program. Given the choice I'd take my chances in front of civil judges, lawyer up, play ball, plea, turn informant, blame the politicians, the older kids and the media, invoke white Jebus & mickey mouse medical conditions, whatever. A court-martial would never not suck.

It tells the citizens this one isn't about political parties anymore, "enemies, foreign and domestic", wise up, we'll shoot back.
US military has extensive experience in prolonged counter-insurgency operations against more dedicated, better supplied, trained enemies in hostile or at best neutral populations with active foreign state support and access to transnational sanctuaries. Good luck.

They also told their boss, current CiC, what is up.

But maybe I am reading into things.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe