Canada Designates Proud Boys as Terrorist Organization

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Canada Designates Proud Boys as Terrorist Organization

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:39 am

snaark wrote:Is it even possible to declare a domestic group terrorists in America? That's a genuine question BTW. I thought the legal definition of terrorist in America is a foreign group.

A good question and I looked it up and the answer is mostly "NO". Plenty of groups that belong to similar groups oppressed by the US (oddly, asside from Fundy Muslim, Jewish and Aum Shinriko groups no group that started on US soil is now a terrorist group in the US.

But it is not as if they cannot be declared, it should be possible but the US has very specific laws governing due process for US citizens.

My guess is that if a US based cell of RIRA (Real IRA) was found, the US citizens who were members would face a multitude of charges relating to the support or RIRA and perhaps could be extradited to the UK to face charges but they would not get tossed into GITMO. I RIRA attacked the US goverment or civilians from the US base then I think it would be very likely that US based RIRA members would be executed after due process in the US but foreign RIRA members would go to GITMO.

There is nothing stopping us from declaring the Proud Boys as an official terrorist organization on the books but it might actually make prosecution more difficult as the amount of constitutional challenges.

The tricky bit will be if other countries declare them to be a terrorist organization. They, especially Canada, Mexico and the EU, would be obliged by their own laws to not support a company or group who supports the Proud Boys. That is where things would really start to get tricky.

That is why we are seeing Twitter and Youtube and Facebook ban those groups. It is not because they are conservative. It is because the big businesses behind them that would expose them to sanctions (google owns youtube, youtube videos are monitized, youtube's algorithm searches for similar topics to get advertiser money, therefor all of google could be sanctioned by the EU because of some white label energy drink touted by a roidy Proud Boy).

Expect more bans. The "Deep State" has two major components. The Trump dummies thought the Deep State was Diplomats and the Civil Service, but it is really international trade treaties and the state security apparatus. That is why the state security apparatus clamped down on "Occupy Wall Street" 10 years ago and the anti-Globalisation movement 18 to 22 years ago. Now both the Financial and the Security apparatus are clamping down on the MAGA world because sanctions against any US based Tech firm or financial institution is going to be too hard and too expensive so Trump's coup attempt is going to have financial consequences for both the major and minor players and Security State consequences for the regular jackoffs who stormed the capital.

Its funny because they thought the Deep State was just liberals. Probably still do. When you do not know who you are at war with means you have already lost.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:10 am

Yeah thats what I thought. I think it has real implications though, like not being able to do surveillance or charge them with financing or associating with a terrorist group. Still, after the 6th of Jan America is eons ahead of Europe in waking up to this threat. Neo nazis have killed more people in Germany than islamists in the last 20 years and there have been numerous far-right militant cells discovered in the police and military, yet its still treated as as a criminal problem rather than terrorism.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Same here.

Nazi / Klan crimes are crimes but a very accepted belief is the whole of BLM is a movement to kill whites and impose communism.

Plus cops have spent 20+ years infiltrating Leftist groups. Its a safe group to infiltrate too. You get to fuck pretty women, hang out with people who tend to shun weapons. Its safe, its easy and you get paid to get laid.

Now imagine hanging out with a bunch of armed paranoids who drink fucking hard seltzer and dont socialize with women. And you have to infiltrate them for 3 years and aquire a leadership position in the group.

That would suck. Living and breathing as an American right wing radical for 3 years. The only easy part is at least you could eat meat and not blow your cover.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Sheesh, try to keep your panties dry, disagreeing with people doesn't mean they should be persecuted. You can prosecute them for the crimes they commit.
Laws can't be retro-active over here, they already knew that was a bad, bad idea centuries ago when all those laws were written.

snaark wrote: I think it has real implications though, like not being able to do surveillance or charge them with financing or associating with a terrorist group.
Not being able to do surveillance? Get real. BKA like most of the police over here gets to do all the modern variants of wiretaps. Heck it seems half the regular criminal cases are nowadays built on evidence gleaned from the accused's smart phones (geolocation, web searches, all matter of messages).

We still have constitutional rights to freedom of association, freedom of speech and we are still technically allowed to spend our money on whatever we want even if the bank secret isn't much of a secret anymore. As long as no actual crimes are committed, why would anyone support eroding those rights? That's the real slippery slope stuff.
snaark wrote: Neo nazis have killed more people in Germany than islamists in the last 20 years and there have been numerous far-right militant cells discovered in the police and military, yet its still treated as as a criminal problem rather than terrorism.
But people do get sent to jail for committing the actual crimes, they get cashiered for spouting hate speech and/or units get disbanded.

@Kurt: we have had our fair share of legal issues with infiltration and the use of paid informants. Many things that are deemed acceptable in the States wouldn't be allowed by the judiciary over here and IMO rightfully so. Same with the plea bargains and the dropping of charges for co-operants. Those only seem to work when dealing with actual criminal and clandestine organisations (Italy's pentiti).

This might not make me popular but I also do not believe we have many lessons to learn about the use of tactical units which pretty much any US fed agency seems to have nowadays and the use of deadly force during the arrest of people. Mistakes have been, can and will be made.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby snaark » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:31 pm

el3so wrote:Sheesh, try to keep your panties dry, disagreeing with people doesn't mean they should be persecuted. You can prosecute them for the crimes they commit.

Heh? What are you on about? Who said anything about persecuting people just for having an opinion?

el3so wrote:Not being able to do surveillance? Get real. BKA like most of the police over here gets to do all the modern variants of wiretaps.

The astute reader will have noted that the comment pertained to the USA, not Belgium. Granted the two countries are often confused for one another. The point was that USA authorities are not legally able to treat domestic terrorism (which is per definition in America not terrorism) the same as international terrorism, and are therefore restricted in how they can pursue domestic groups.

el3so wrote:We still have constitutional rights to freedom of association, freedom of speech and we are still technically allowed to spend our money on whatever we want even if the bank secret isn't much of a secret anymore.

...except if you're a Muslim apparently. Those freedoms are not absolute. You don't have freedom to say what you want, for example, if you are intentionally inciting someone to commit a violent crime. To the best of my knowledge, conspiring to assassinate politicians and overrun the national parliament is a crime in most places.

Maybe this comes down to personal experience - I've been assaulted by Nazis but never by Islamists - but right wing extremists are by far the bigger threat today. The authorities in Europe and the USA are either unwilling or unable to treat it as such. If you think this a freedom of expression issue then you're way off base.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:37 pm

I was just trying to get a list of EU designated terrorist organizations.

Its in here somewhere.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... LL&from=en

Its not in "list" form, which, as a lazy man, I object to.

However, it really, really focuses on sanctions.

They also have a list of "Enhanced Measures" and this is an actual list.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 97&from=EN

I am guessing this is akin to the USA unofficially designating leftists with surveillance and infiltration but not having any official policy of doing it, it is just done. (I expect this to continue) The list is Muslim heavy as well as more ETA (Basque Liberation) than I expected. Are Basques really that feared? Or did they just decide to put Europe's oldest ethnic group with one of the younger ones for the sake of appearances?

Anyway I am really curious about the EU and other country's laws regarding terrorists since one way the USA has always evaded legal questions in it's laws is to create a treaty, which we are bound by the constitution to adhere to, so sanctions made against MAGA people in the EU, Britain, Mexico or Canada might resonate here.

Which would be funny because with all of Trump's talk about ending NAFTA / GATT etc he did not do it, even though Jimmy Carter set the precedent by ending the Defense Treaty with Taiwan in favor of establishing relations with Beijing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Jesus that list needs updating. Do the LTTE still exist? I thought they got bombed into oblivion a decade ago.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 pm

snaark wrote:
el3so wrote:Sheesh, try to keep your panties dry, disagreeing with people doesn't mean they should be persecuted. You can prosecute them for the crimes they commit.
Heh? What are you on about? Who said anything about persecuting people just for having an opinion?
Being a member isn't a crime, neither is expressing sympathy for them (yet) nor parotting their ideas (again, yet).

Buying merch from their website apparently already is because that provides financial support. For now you can still make your own shirt.
snaark wrote:
el3so wrote:Not being able to do surveillance? Get real. BKA like most of the police over here gets to do all the modern variants of wiretaps.

The astute reader will have noted that the comment pertained to the USA, not Belgium. Granted the two countries are often confused for one another.
I specifically mentioned the BKA (BundesKriminalAmt, as in German federal criminal police) because they operate in the place you live in. Every European member state has similar agencies, sometimes multiple. In the USA the FBI covers domestic terrorism groups and the acts of which their members are accused.

Rest assured members of any and all of the groups mentioned are already receiving extra attention by the law enforcement (and counterintelligence but let's not talk about those) agencies of the countries they are situated in even before actual crimes are committed.
snaark wrote:
el3so wrote:We still have constitutional rights to freedom of association, freedom of speech and we are still technically allowed to spend our money on whatever we want even if the bank secret isn't much of a secret anymore.
You don't have freedom to say what you want, for example, if you are intentionally inciting someone to commit a violent crime. To the best of my knowledge, conspiring to assassinate politicians and overrun the national parliament is a crime in most places.
Because there are specific laws against inciting violence, depending on the individual countries. If it isn't covered by law, you are free to express your opinion, however dumb or offensive it is.
Planning to do harm to an elected official or someone working for a government agency already entails extra punishment and scrutiny in a court of law.

But these laws can differ between member states. You can't wear a shirt with a swastika in Germany, you can still show off your ignorance by wearing one in other European countries.
snaark wrote:Maybe this comes down to personal experience - I've been assaulted by Nazis but never by Islamists - but right wing extremists are by far the bigger threat today. The authorities in Europe and the USA are either unwilling or unable to treat it as such. If you think this a freedom of expression issue then you're way off base.
I apologise if I came off as even more of an assh0le than usual but these "ideas" are floated around everywhere.

I hope you filed a formal complaint and that the perpetrators of the assault were charged by the police and that they were convicted by a German court of law. If the assault was done by members of a domestic terrorist organisation instead of some ignorant individuals with less brains than hair, the judge will have taken that into account. Same as if you the victim were a member of a minority group instead of just a random person.

The whole terrorism thing is IMO enough of a legal grey zone as is but I believe we should not treat someone wearing a MAGA hat, screaming dumb sh!t in front of the Capitol or online the same way as those that did commit actual crimes. I also do not think people not denouncing those criminal acts should be tarred with the same brush as those that are actually accused of these acts.

FWIW this pdf https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Le ... 075:EN:PDF lists in legalese the (mostly financial) measures agreed upon in the EU. It also defines what constitutes a terrorist organisation and which member states' agencies are involved (central bank and insurance overseers). It also mentions cooperation between members states re: sharing of information on these listed groups and individuals.

ETA is a classic example of what went wrong in the past.
You reside in South of France, yet you plan, finance or even execute a terrorist attack (killing police mostly) in Spain. France deemed it a Spanish problem, people kept getting away with being involved in cross-border criminal acts. Same goes for most of the other (Corsica, Ireland) traditional terror groups.
A French bank risks it licence if they have an account of anyone involved in ETA. Only option is to go wholly clandestine which opens up your organisation to additional criminal, fiscal and other charges.

edited to compensate for crappy english and clunky sentences.
Last edited by el3so on Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:27 pm

Kurt wrote: no group that started on US soil is now a terrorist group in the US.
Begging to differ. Straight from the Fed's site back in 2002. All the usual suspects are mentioned by name in the part under "domestic terrorism".
Kurt wrote: That is why we are seeing Twitter and Youtube and Facebook ban those groups. It is not because they are conservative. It is because the big businesses behind them that would expose them to sanctions (google owns youtube, youtube videos are monitized, youtube's algorithm searches for similar topics to get advertiser money, therefor all of google could be sanctioned by the EU because of some white label energy drink touted by a roidy Proud Boy).
Sanctions and other legal issues. Same goes for covid19 disinformation IMO.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby snaark » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:27 pm

el3so I don't actually disagree with most of that. I'm not part of the "safe space" crowd and I believe anyone - however big a dick they are - has the right to express their dickish opinion, provided they're not inciting a crime. Honestly I wish Europe had freedom of expression laws as in the USA (in Germany it's a crime to call someone an arsehole). But I still think authorities have been epically slow to wake up to threat of right wing extremists. Whether or not you label these people terrorists is by itself irrelevant. The point is that they should be pursued the same as Islamists or any other violent group.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:33 am

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: no group that started on US soil is now a terrorist group in the US.
Begging to differ. Straight from the Fed's site back in 2002. All the usual suspects are mentioned by name in the part under "domestic terrorism".
Kurt wrote: That is why we are seeing Twitter and Youtube and Facebook ban those groups. It is not because they are conservative. It is because the big businesses behind them that would expose them to sanctions (google owns youtube, youtube videos are monitized, youtube's algorithm searches for similar topics to get advertiser money, therefor all of google could be sanctioned by the EU because of some white label energy drink touted by a roidy Proud Boy).
Sanctions and other legal issues. Same goes for covid19 disinformation IMO.

Wow, ELF and ALF. No Militia Movement, no Klan, no Order. I forget how skewed that thing was and still is.

When the Joint Terrorism Task Force started raiding my friends (No charges or convictions...just raids) we did a freedom of information act request. We found they were busted because this "Law Enforcement Non-Profit" called Maldon provided intel that the leftists were controlled by a group called "The Elves" and once The Elves were brought down then the leftists street protests against Gulf War II would end. So they started raids.

Maldon was run by two people who were also the only two people on salary. (I have files on this somewhere) and they were run out of a UPS Mailboxes etc. and they charged Law Enforcement agencies for Non-Profit consulting. Basically the senile coots who ran the place saw E.L.F in other documents and saw that LEOs abreviated them to ELFs and that became "The Elves"

This year with BLM and Antifa (the Antifa conspiracies read a lot like The Elves controlling protests) the default assumption of Law Enforcement is that they are a threat and those supporting them are wrong. Much of that comes from 25 to 30 year old documents, weird Law Enforcement non-profits and intelligence agencies getting money for sloppy work and private intelligence agencies moving to a default of "get the left" when the real evidence confounds them.

I worked for a private intelligence firm that was the first to "spy" on QAnon and provide reports to NGO. When I came accross evidence that they were dangerous because the adopted a "Liberals Eat Babies" stance and it would lead to more attacks on "Liberals" it was ignored and instead I was asked to focus on this woman in Portland Oregon named Carol Fenton.

Ms. Fenton was an advocate for sex workers and the NGO that hired us, The Polaris Project, was targeted by QAnon because the Clinton Foundation plugged them once in helping combat human trafficking. Ms. Fenton argued (and I agreed) that sex workers bore the brunt of the raids advocated by The Polaris Project and was, and still is critical of them on twitter. So QAnon dried out in threatening Clinton foundation tied foundations and my company, Sunblock Systems (hired by Andrews International which was hired by The Polaris Project) decided to switch from QAnon and reporting "QAnon is not threatening The Polaris Project" instead focused on Sex Worker advocates. I objected and three weeks later I was shitcanned.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent there.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:57 pm

Kurt wrote:This year with BLM and Antifa (the Antifa conspiracies read a lot like The Elves controlling protests) the default assumption of Law Enforcement is that they are a threat and those supporting them are wrong. Much of that comes from 25 to 30 year old documents, weird Law Enforcement non-profits and intelligence agencies getting money for sloppy work and private intelligence agencies moving to a default of "get the left" when the real evidence confounds them.

Um, BLM and Antifa *are* actually threats.

They caused over $2 billion in damage in 2020 and the BLM/Antifa riots killed what, 50 people in 2020?

How many people have the Proud Boys killed again? Last time I checked, it was still sitting at 0.

How much corporate funding are the Proud Boys getting? Vs. BLM?

How many times have the Proud Boys attacked infrastructure, court houses, ICE facilities, police?

I worked for a private intelligence firm that was the first to "spy" on QAnon and provide reports to NGO. When I came accross evidence that they were dangerous because the adopted a "Liberals Eat Babies" stance and it would lead to more attacks on "Liberals" it was ignored and instead I was asked to focus on this woman in Portland Oregon named Carol Fenton.

Where were these upticks in attacks on "liberals" that you predicted?

Was this one of them:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Tacoma_attack
?

Or this one?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/us/portl ... index.html

What about this one:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-sho ... 20building.

Or maybe this one?
https://thenewamerican.com/dallas-shoot ... -gun-club/
(Sorry, that was pre-Q).

The reality is that BLM and Antifa are the ideological inheritors of the SDS and the Weathermen Underground movement and have a rich history of terroristic violence to draw from, unlike the Proud Boys or Qtards. And, additionally, unlike the Proud Boys and Qtards, they have deep pockets from corporate donations, have the National Lawyers Guild on standby to represent them in case they are arrested and charged, and have the media and the current administration actively covering for them.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:18 pm

The riots were not Antifa and BLM. They participated in the protests and I do not doubt they had some rioters in the mix. But the deaths caused by BLM and Antifa directly is like 1, from that Antifa guy who shot that Patriot Prayer guy. Of course we will never know what exactly happened since he was shot in what seems to be more of an extrajudicial killing than a arrest attempt.

But the Proud Boys and III-ers and Oath Keepers are looking like they conspired with Roger Stone to storm the capital for Trump. Those three groups were organized, they directed people and they met with Trump's "Fixer" often and before the insurrection.

Still, I think RICO is a better way to get them. And Right Wingers crack almost instantly when confronted with authority. For some reason self styled brawlers, tough guys and militias love to cave and rat each other out to save their own traitorous hides.

BLM and Antifa is gonna be hard to get the cops to focus away from them because they have always been an easy infiltration job. Never in danger. Get to fuck women.
Switching to paranoid gun owners is not gonna be fun for them and it will take some prodding, so welcome to the world of being a dissident in the USA.

Here are some quick survival tips:

1. Record everything. Become your own listening device except in the state of Illinois. Single Party consent does not exist there at all and is a felony.
a. Wear two recording devices on you at all times in case one dies. You are in IT so get those USB recording devices that look like USB drives and keep them on your job ID lanyard.

2. When JTF people show up to ask about your friends. Don't say anything. Don't confirm your name even. If they come up and say "Hey are you Tarkan, We want to talk to you about.." say nothing. They will try to say "you have to identify yourself, we can arrest you if you do not" turn your back to them and hold your hands behind your back to show you are willing to be cuffed. Then they will say "We know who you are, so just admit it" then ask "Am I under arrest?"
and if if they say no then ask if you can go. Keep doing that until they get tired of you.

3. Someone, somewhere perhaps in Law Enforcement or perhaps not (no one will tell you) will try to get you fried for your real or perceived associations. Prepare a statement in advance and stick to it. Avoid "explaining yourself" and instead focus on how someone must have made a mistake or that someone knew your politics "slanted" right and must have made a mistake based on publicly available voter registration information (I've had to put up with this as an accused "Right Winger" and a "Left Winger" back when I opposed the wars and supported both Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich). Since they will never tell you who reported you then you can assume they got the information from voter registration records. Then ask "According to company policy is it wrong for me to support a particular party or position?" "What exactly is this talk for? Are you asking me about my party registration as information gathering?" (remember step 1, record everything if you are in single party consent state) "Has this been approved by HR? I would like them involved." Usually at that point they back down. With me I asked if the problem was if I was a registered Republican or that I gave a financial contribution to a Democrat. They did not want to say "Both are Anti-war". My guess is they were asking to see if I would admit to being a radical of some sort so they could have proof to get rid of me on grounds of possible intimidation of colleagues or something stupid like that.

Remember, cancel Culture is not a leftist thing. It's been done for years and mostly against leftists and through official channels like the police and welcome to the dissident club. It's not so bad and long as you don't lose your shit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Kurt wrote:The riots were not Antifa and BLM. They participated in the protests and I do not doubt they had some rioters in the mix. But the deaths caused by BLM and Antifa directly is like 1, from that Antifa guy who shot that Patriot Prayer guy. Of course we will never know what exactly happened since he was shot in what seems to be more of an extrajudicial killing than a arrest attempt.

But the Proud Boys and III-ers and Oath Keepers are looking like they conspired with Roger Stone to storm the capital for Trump. Those three groups were organized, they directed people and they met with Trump's "Fixer" often and before the insurrection.

Still, I think RICO is a better way to get them. And Right Wingers crack almost instantly when confronted with authority. For some reason self styled brawlers, tough guys and militias love to cave and rat each other out to save their own traitorous hides.

Most people on the right don't have frequent interactions with the criminal justice system, so they don't know all of the pitfalls. The prospect of simply losing their job and career is overwhelming for many of them, much less doing hard time. A lot of the agitators on the left, well, their full time job is agitating, so getting arrested is like a resume enhancer.

BLM and Antifa is gonna be hard to get the cops to focus away from them because they have always been an easy infiltration job. Never in danger. Get to fuck women.
Switching to paranoid gun owners is not gonna be fun for them and it will take some prodding, so welcome to the world of being a dissident in the USA.

Dude, have you seen the mugshots of Antifa?

And infiltrating paranoid gun owners will be fun for agents that like to shoot guns. At least, it would have been fun before ammo availability disappeared.

1. Record everything. Become your own listening device except in the state of Illinois. Single Party consent does not exist there at all and is a felony.
a. Wear two recording devices on you at all times in case one dies. You are in IT so get those USB recording devices that look like USB drives and keep them on your job ID lanyard.

2. When JTF people show up to ask about your friends. Don't say anything. Don't confirm your name even. If they come up and say "Hey are you Tarkan, We want to talk to you about.." say nothing. They will try to say "you have to identify yourself, we can arrest you if you do not" turn your back to them and hold your hands behind your back to show you are willing to be cuffed. Then they will say "We know who you are, so just admit it" then ask "Am I under arrest?"
and if if they say no then ask if you can go. Keep doing that until they get tired of you.

3. Someone, somewhere perhaps in Law Enforcement or perhaps not (no one will tell you) will try to get you fried for your real or perceived associations. Prepare a statement in advance and stick to it. Avoid "explaining yourself" and instead focus on how someone must have made a mistake or that someone knew your politics "slanted" right and must have made a mistake based on publicly available voter registration information (I've had to put up with this as an accused "Right Winger" and a "Left Winger" back when I opposed the wars and supported both Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich). Since they will never tell you who reported you then you can assume they got the information from voter registration records. Then ask "According to company policy is it wrong for me to support a particular party or position?" "What exactly is this talk for? Are you asking me about my party registration as information gathering?" (remember step 1, record everything if you are in single party consent state) "Has this been approved by HR? I would like them involved." Usually at that point they back down. With me I asked if the problem was if I was a registered Republican or that I gave a financial contribution to a Democrat. They did not want to say "Both are Anti-war". My guess is they were asking to see if I would admit to being a radical of some sort so they could have proof to get rid of me on grounds of possible intimidation of colleagues or something stupid like that.

Remember, cancel Culture is not a leftist thing. It's been done for years and mostly against leftists and through official channels like the police and welcome to the dissident club. It's not so bad and long as you don't lose your shit.

I'm relatively well off these days but I grew up poor. As my wife says, I could go live in a trailer and be content. The conventional pressure wouldn't work on me, and I don't (AFAIK) engage in illegal behavior or even behavior that skirts the line. Even my software and mp3 piracy days I think are past the statute of limitations.

BTW, political party is NOT a protected class. You can be fired for having different political views in an at will state. At least according to our lawyer who was giving our anti-discrimination training class.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 pm

I don't think you get it.

Illegal has nothing or very little to do with it.

Most leftists do nothing illegal when they get arrested. I only knew one person who was doing an illegal thing when he got busted, That is of like 70 or 80.

He lit a bunch of firecrackers and threw them below a dragon puppet from Chinatown in 2004. The puppeteers wanted him to do it so they gave him the fireworks so he did and got busted.

Can't do that in NYC.

If you consider protesting against state policy, no matter what that is, to be illegal then yah, But the law disagrees. Asside from the fireworks guy and a few people I know who were set up by informants (they had a Molotov cocktail without a permit and it was not registered with the BATF...do you have an empty bottle in your house? A flammable liquid? a rag or something that can be used as a fuse? Then you are breaking the law even if it is not put together and someone wants to arrest you.

Do you know that if a cop knocks you down with their car they can arrest you for interfering with police business? You can be on the street, on the sidewalk and they can even knock someone else down and say it was you they ran over and arrest you.

Leftists are not used to breaking they law, they are used to getting screwed over for doing what the state disapproves of. Most punishment is 3 days in jail and then the charges are dropped once they go before a judge.

And I have never met an left wing activist who is a professional activist. Like that they get paid to do stuff.

I have met Conservative activists who get paid to do stuff like Project Veritas people and some of the Protest Warrior people get funded to come to NYC to counter protest the antiwar protests. But everyone I knew except this guy named Willie had a job.

Knew a few retired ones too.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe