500k dead from COVID-19 in The US

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:52 am

Tarkan wrote: I think this is a contagion that is highly stochastic and defies policy measures.
This isn't some kind of gotcha question but would you agree it is better to err on the side of caution?
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ROB » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:30 am

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: I think this is a contagion that is highly stochastic and defies policy measures.
This isn't some kind of gotcha question but would you agree it is better to err on the side of caution?

Liberal pussy.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: 500k dead from COVID-19 in The US

Postby Lost Boy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:06 am

The cure has become far worse than the disease. Covid lockdowns have resulted in far more deaths and health problems than the virus itself, and we are going to feel the repercussions of this worldwide government overreach for generations to come. Considering the actual mortality rate of this virus and the massive over-reaction on the part of governments everywhere, I can only conclude that the Covid lockdown measures were a vast social experiment designed to shift the Overton Window towards more and more acceptance of government control of everyday life. Freedom is dying all over the world. People have decided they would rather be safe than free. Benjamin Franklin had some wise words for such people. Ignore them at your own peril.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:03 am

That is more like the neanderthal drivle I am used to from you. Carry on.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:10 pm

Lost Boy wrote:The cure has become far worse than the disease. Covid lockdowns have resulted in far more deaths and health problems than the virus itself, and we are going to feel the repercussions of this worldwide government overreach for generations to come. Considering the actual mortality rate of this virus and the massive over-reaction on the part of governments everywhere, I can only conclude that the Covid lockdown measures were a vast social experiment designed to shift the Overton Window towards more and more acceptance of government control of everyday life. Freedom is dying all over the world. People have decided they would rather be safe than free. Benjamin Franklin had some wise words for such people. Ignore them at your own peril.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Its not a cure yet. But what Government over-reach are you talking about?

By vast social experiment you do know that it is the first time this virus has been in a global pandemic and virtually every measure of combating it is to a degree an "experiment"?

Most people who think this way do not believe there are over 500k dead.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:59 am

Two mutant strain have been discovered. One in COVID denying Tanzania and the other in COVID admitting but not doing much about it Texas.

Oz and NZ are about as close to "Normal" ad two countries can get now, even allowing travel between the two nations without fuss for one anothers citizens.

Must be nice to be able to keep your idiots in line like that.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Lost Boy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 pm

ROB wrote:That is more like the neanderthal drivle I am used to from you. Carry on.

I think you meant drivel. Hey, I know, ROB! Let's have a spelling contest.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:08 am

^Almost 600,000. In just the US. What's the normal death rate there anyways? BTW, if this keeps up, we'll match the 1918 Spanish flu in short order.

India has one million new infections every three days now. One million. Every three days. Can't imagine what variant will come out of a population that large. Canada has stopped all flights from there and Pakistan for the next 30 days.

Yeah, that's right. Nothing's happening. Nothing to see here.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:04 am

India has one million new infections every three days now. One million. Every three days.

Well there is 1.5 billion of em and the place is kinda crowded.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby sparrow » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:32 am

And, do you have something relevant to add rickshaw?

Because your point certainly wasn't my point.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:54 pm

Its at 600k now. Total Excess deaths is at 650k (that is sick already then get covid-19 + COVID-19 totals)

It is still here. Creeping up in some areas but going down nationally.

Even though it is optional for vaxxed people about 90% indoors are masked and about 30% outdoors are masked. About 90% of people outdoors have a mask with them even if they are not wearing it.

This is in NY. Not sure what the other areas of the US are doing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby The Turd Polisher » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:33 am

I thought masks were still required at US airports....

"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 am

Lost Boy wrote:The cure has become far worse than the disease. Covid lockdowns have resulted in far more deaths and health problems than the virus itself, and we are going to feel the repercussions of this worldwide government overreach for generations to come. Considering the actual mortality rate of this virus and the massive over-reaction on the part of governments everywhere, I can only conclude that the Covid lockdown measures were a vast social experiment designed to shift the Overton Window towards more and more acceptance of government control of everyday life. Freedom is dying all over the world. People have decided they would rather be safe than free. Benjamin Franklin had some wise words for such people. Ignore them at your own peril.

I agree with this, apart from the intentional social experiment. More like misdirected fear and ineptitude. The Governments are giddy with their new-found powers. Nova Scotia's Premier (like a Governor) has been bowled over by the chief provincial medical officer that has gone haywire with power, even his supporters from early on are starting to FINALLY question his massive restrictions. What disgusted me most was them calling on citizens to report any observed abuses to his rule, and folks have been lighting up the 911 lines reporting their neighbours. If we step out of Province, we're have to apply for re-entry permission a week in advance, even if your home is here, with all kinds of proof as to why we left in the first place, met at police on arrival, constantly monitored for 2 weeks, 3 mandatory tests which they strongly enforced... civil liberties gone. fucking insane
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:49 pm

I just felt my brain rotting away reading that.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe