Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

For those post related to Burt Reynolds and throwing balls.

Postby el3so » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:04 am

Enjoyed the by (now older) new Dredd. Bit gritty. Sucks it didn't make enough money for a sequel.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Alphabet » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 am

el3so wrote:Enjoyed the by (now older) new Dredd. Bit gritty. Sucks it didn't make enough money for a sequel.

Dredd was actually very fucking good. So have the last what 3(?) Batman movies. None of these characters were supposed to be the Hollywood camp shit that their respective movies in the 90s were.

Same goes with Craig and the Bond flicks. Bond getting fucked up and hurt was amazing story telling, and a complete departure from the narrative. Made him more human.

Fury Road wasn't as bad as well. Despite all the herp derp from the MGTOW crowd about feminism, still took Max to save the day.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby el3so » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 pm

el3so wrote:Rake: not very subtle, not very funny but still entertaining
Okay, I spoke too soon, the dog fucker episode was hilarious.

Torrent crapped out on me for get out, heard it was good, maybe later.
3 episodes in, liked the last one best (haunted house)
Lovecraft Stories, scene of the white dude getting sodomised with a shoe is kind of on the nose but great skin-shifting visuals, I like that character btw. Maybe it's a slow burn, hope it isn't a mystery box, I can def see big nose guy reading in the dark room/cellar turning into a scholar of the dark arts (Lovecraft staple). Pale skin blue-eyed dandy/sorceress is the type of gender fluidity I could get behind ;-)
Hope this is my old pervy self speaking, not the wokeness finally getting through to me by being beamed into my eyeballs by those damned social justice mages...
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Anyone *seen* any good films... lately???

Postby Kurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 pm

In Lovecraft Country, during the shoe scene...I was in a room filled with black women and I was wincing and they were laughing.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:33 am

Kurt wrote:In Lovecraft Country, during the shoe scene... I was in a room filled with black women and I was wincing and they were laughing.

*minor adjustment to turtle-neck, puffs Gauloise*
Very post-modern.
Didn't enjoy series as a whole, swing and a miss IMO.

Most of the movie stuff will get streamed from now on I guess. Doesn't change much for yo-ho-ho me.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Enjoyed Color out of Space.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:39 pm

Black Mountain Side, not bad as indie horror goes, not excellent neither.
Bone Tomahawk was surprisingly good.

Rewatching older John Carpenter stuff, nothing beats The Thing. Honorable mention to Barbeau in the Fog, voice like that would get me to listen to the radio.

Dropped the hard-drive, there are back-ups but I am always open to suggestions.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby SRR » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:51 am

I've been watching traditional Belgian cinema which draws upon the country's lengthy geopolitical history and unique folk tales from centuries gone past, its complex heritage and local heroes which helped define its fundamental place in the western European milieu of global cultural impact.

Of course I'm talking about Bloodsport from 1988, starring Jean Claude Van Damme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaT9dYalyU0
"May these times be the stone that sharpens our steel." - السيد الحصاد
SRR
Hippie Dangerous

Postby el3so » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:15 pm

SRR wrote: traditional Belgian cinema which draws upon the country's lengthy geopolitical history and unique folk tales from centuries gone past, its complex heritage and local heroes
I salute you, Sir, for not calling this movie out on it's cultural appropriation of one of your more epic compatriots and his real-life exploits in the world of kumite.

Skimming through The Terror, streaming show, has it's moments, no Chernobyl.
Ken Burns' civil war series was interesting.

Glass half-full on the hard drive front, I am enjoying re-watching classics now in blu-ray quality, guess I should get a better screen next: Alien and Aliens for peak Sigourney Weaver; usual Kubricks and Scorceses; even older detective sh!t in black-and-white; lots of gore, zombie and horror stuff.

Only new-ish thing worth mentioning is the kid detective.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:20 pm

Another blast from the past and a kids movie at that. 1988s Willow aka the movie least likely to be remade in the 2020s.
Lots of little people, Val Kilmer doing a Kurt Russell impression partly in drag, the ugliest chickens captured on camera outside of a PETA piece, some aged like milk CGI/green screen stuff but cool live-action sequences, that epic NZ scenery, pretty decent writing, good gags, an uplifting (empowering before it turned into a marketing term) message and the most impressive infant acting ever. No nudity, some blood and scenes that are probably a bit creepy compared to today's preteen entertainment.

Not very impressed by Burns' The War (the second world one).
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:34 am

Alligator from 1980, kind of a b-movie but I liked the first half very much. The Resurrected early nineties, think it's my favorite Lovecraft story, not my favorite movie.

TV/streaming enjoying Mindhunter, based on a book by some fed, dunno how much of it is bsu sucking their own dicks but good to see Liotta. Interesting subject matter, haven't looked into the historicity of it, it sure looks pretty.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:18 am

More tv.
Liking Chaplewaite so far, kinda slow to start, forgot it was based on an S King story in between first couple of episodes.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:04 pm

The old X-files, first two seasons. Forgot how it captured the zeitgeist, ah the nineties...

Funny how most of the stuff mentioned is debunked.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:24 am

More streaming, enjoying Midnight Mass.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Chimborazo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:45 am

Just watched Power of the Dog and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood over the past week, both of which I really enjoyed.

Not a film, but I saw An Evening with C.S. Lewis yesterday, and it was fantastic! David Payne was brilliant; if you get the chance to see it, please do.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies , Entertainment & Sport