Your Favorite Firearm

questions, comments , film clips and pictures on guns and weapons and HEST.

Moderator: Hitoru

Re: Your Favorite Firearm

Postby db36046 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:50 pm

But my favorite is still the Glock 17.
db36046
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:59 pm

Last gig, everyone was heavily heavily armed. And pistols everywhere. Being a civilian contractor (pilot) I'd often walk into the inevitable best pistol/holster conversation and show off my favourite Swiss Army knife. Polite smiles. Polite smiles.

My favourite is my Winchester Model 70 .308 with the Hogue stock and stainless barrel for deer in wet Nova Scotia, or my .375 H&H Alaskan. Glad I got rid of my handguns awhile back, looks like our Liberal Government may take away any legal handguns left in our province. I got rid of my 9mms as I spent too much on IPSC meets. It didn't help, the extra cash just went into guitars.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:23 pm

My favorite concealed-carry gun now is a Sig P365XL in 9mm. It comes standard with factory tritium sights and has the nicest trigger pull of any stock striker-fired gun I've shot that I can afford. It has a 12-round flush-fit magazine that is surprisingly tiny. It is a very ergonomic, low-profile, feature-rich, and accurate gun.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:47 am

Darcy wrote:Last gig, everyone was heavily heavily armed. And pistols everywhere. Being a civilian contractor (pilot) I'd often walk into the inevitable best pistol/holster conversation and show off my favourite Swiss Army knife. Polite smiles. Polite smiles.

My favourite is my Winchester Model 70 .308 with the Hogue stock and stainless barrel for deer in wet Nova Scotia, or my .375 H&H Alaskan. Glad I got rid of my handguns awhile back, looks like our Liberal Government may take away any legal handguns left in our province. I got rid of my 9mms as I spent too much on IPSC meets. It didn't help, the extra cash just went into guitars.

A guitar is not likely to save your life if a band of goblins breaks down your door at two in the morning. Should have kept your pistols, amigo. The world is composed of two groups only - potential victims and armed survivors.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:49 am

Lethal Dose wrote:This conversation has degenerated too much to interest me, but you kids have fun...
Here's a little something to inspire you...

All stand for the Black Flag Anthem.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBcnliSUtb8[/youtube].

I'm afraid your link says 'video unavailable.' Please repost. I'm curious.
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:56 am

For those poor folks in the Flag, I have heard the Taurus G2C is a reliable and very affordable piece. We've been taking quite of few of them off of gang-bangers lately. They seem to be the new Saturday Night Special. About $300.

Also, when and if it becomes available again, you can't go wrong with the Palmetto State Armory Dagger.
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Darcy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:13 pm

Lost Boy wrote:
Darcy wrote:Last gig, everyone was heavily heavily armed. And pistols everywhere. Being a civilian contractor (pilot) I'd often walk into the inevitable best pistol/holster conversation and show off my favourite Swiss Army knife. Polite smiles. Polite smiles.

A guitar is not likely to save your life if a band of goblins breaks down your door at two in the morning. Should have kept your pistols, amigo. The world is composed of two groups only - potential victims and armed survivors.

Got a couple 12 gauges, my short 870 with slugs will suffice, and my wife can handle it too.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Tue May 25, 2021 12:39 am

I've just inherited a Winchester Super X Model 1 12ga with an extra barrel. Both are 30" barrels - one is a full choke and the other a skeet choke. I've been interested in shooting clays, and when I started reading about this shotgun I learned how good it is (I had been looking at a Beretta A400 xcel, but have no business spending the money right now, and it would be stupid anyway since I've never shot clays in my life). Going to take it to a gunsmith to have it checked out and detailed.

Also in the batch is a Weatherby .300 with a Swarovski scope.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:50 am

Sorry about your loss Chimborazo.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Chimborazo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:02 am

el3so wrote:Sorry about your loss Chimborazo.

Thank you. He was my father-in-law, and one hell of a character. His "celebration of life" is tomorrow.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:38 pm

My uncle just passed away. He was an awesome man, US Navy veteran with a huge gun collection. I have a lot of fond childhood memories of going to the range with him, and also shooting billiards in his game room and watching old war movies and westerns on his big TV set. He willed me a semi-auto Thompson .45. Joke's on me, since I can't legally bring it into my home state.
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:49 pm

Lost Boy wrote:My uncle just passed away. He was an awesome man, US Navy veteran with a huge gun collection. I have a lot of fond childhood memories of going to the range with him, and also shooting billiards in his game room and watching old war movies and westerns on his big TV set. He willed me a semi-auto Thompson .45. Joke's on me, since I can't legally bring it into my home state.

Sorry about your uncle but that gun...
A friend of mine has one that he got in high school and it was a lot of fun. His didn't come with a drum, just the clip. Does yours have a drum?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Previous

Return to Guns, Knives, Gear, Tech and ....STUFF!!!