Kazakhstani Lovin'

Discuss travel and all things travel related

Moderators: coldharvest, Ultra Swain

Kazakhstani Lovin'

Postby CheBuds » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:19 pm

Hey Gents,

New Poster here, so be gentle with me --- or at least gentler than reddit, where asking this question spurred several creative epithets and death threats of questionable grammatical quality.

Anyways, I'm up for a grant to teach English in Kazakhstan, and I was wondering if any of you forum denizens know about what it's like to live there, where to go, and where not to go --- although I hear Nazarbayaev runs the kind of ship where repeat offenders rapidly lose the ability to count all the way up to ten using their fingers.

My Russian is rough, but I can read Cyrillic and my Russian improves after a few dozen drinks --- and the program offers free Russian lessons at "Kazakhstan's premiere university," which I can only assume gained that title by purchasing a second blackboard.

Either way, my other option is teaching English in Podgorica --- which I've already visited, and can comfortably refer to as "the city of a thousand trash fires."

So, I'd love to hear from anyone with firsthand experience, and thanks for helping out a young traveler.
CheBuds

Re: Kazakhstani Lovin'

Postby Darcy » Fri May 03, 2019 11:33 am

Whereabouts? Atyrau is kinda bleak and they don't like foreigners, but not in a dangerous way. Just rude. The pretty girls are in Almaty. Some of my co-workers have married Almaty lasses. Very pretty!
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Return to Travel Discussion